Who are you in Christ Jesus? To answer this question, let’s go to 2 Corinthians 5:17-21:
- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
- To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
- Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
- For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
You are a new. The moment you made Jesus The LORD of your life, not your mind or your body, were re-created. Old things passed away, and things in became new, and things are of God. That is the wonder of the new birth.
Verse 21 is the most wonderful thing one can imagine! He, Jesus, who knew no sin, wasto be sin for that we might be the righteousness of God in Him! Did Jesus ever commit sin? No. Did you or I ever commit righteousness? No. Isaiah 64:6 declares that all our righteousness is as filthy rags. And Romans 3:10 says:
- As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.
Jesus wasto be sin with our sin, and we were to be righteous with His righteousness. The key word here is . In our case, as believers, one moment we were “sin,” and the next moment we became the righteousness of God in Him. He, Jesus, at that moment, moved into our spirits and thereby took up residence in our physical bodies. Then it became necessary to renew our minds with The of righteousness.
Let’s look at Hebrews 5:12-13:
- For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
- For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
Here is someone who should have, by this time, become a teacher. But because of being dull of hearing, he was still a spiritual baby. What does dull of hearing mean? It means he was not listening.What WORD? Now we are at the root cause of why bad things happen to wonderful, Spirit-filled people who love God. I’m not just talking about you. I’ve been guilty of the same thing.
Let’s look, now, at theof righteousness.
Remember Romans 3:10?
- As it is written,
That’s the problem. Now, let’s look at the glorious, wonderful, absolutely amazing answer in verses 21-22!:
- But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
- Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference.
Go on reading through verse 27:
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
- Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
- To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
- Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
There you have it. No, wait, there’s more! I mentioned theBuckle up. Here it comes!
Chapter 5:15 says:
- But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Now, verse 17:
- For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall by one, Jesus Christ.
! Now, look at this same verse in the Amplified Bible, Classic Edition:
- For if because of one man’s trespass (lapse, offense) death reigned through that one, much more surely will those who receive [God’s] overflowing grace (unmerited favor) and the free gift of righteousness [putting them into right standing with Himself] through the one Man Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
I don’t see how you can just sit there! No wonder Hebrews 10:1-3 shouts these powerful words: “The worshippers once purged should [no longer] have had”
Now, because of the ONE WHO LOVED ME AND GAVE HIMSELF FOR ME, Righteousness is the reason Jesus went to the cross. We are not just old sinners saved by grace. No, we were old sinners, and His grace opened heaven’s doors wide to a new race of beings. We are now new creatures, created in the image and likeness of Jesus, filled with His Spirit, speaking with the tongues of men and angels,
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, take hold of who you are as a Partner with this ministry.to all who will receive it: Jesus, and the free gift of righteousness to the world, and His mighty Holy Spirit, the free gift to the Church.
Well, Partner, that’s our job! That’s what we do. Gloria and I love you so very much.
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.