What does this wonderful word victory actually mean? Listen to this: Victory is “the” Another definition is: “a success or triumph over an enemy in battle or war.”
There is victory in the New Birth. Let’s look at 1 John 5:4-5:
- For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
- Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
And, 2 Corinthians 5:17 says:
- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
So, what about this new creature? Old things that were in your and my spirit man, or the inner man, are gone. The new you is now filled with the nature of God, not the carnal, or natural, nature of the flesh—which is, in short, the nature of the devil. Now this is where it really gets good. Fasten your spiritual seat belt! First Corinthians 15:54-57 says, “God has given us the OVER and
How did He do that?Look at 2 Corinthians 2:14, and shout again: “Now thanks be unto God, which is living on the inside of you, me and every born-again child of God. Let’s read Hebrews 2:14-15:
- Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that the power of death, that is, the devil;
- And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Let’s look at those verses in the Amplified Bible, Classic Edition:
- Since, therefore, [these His] children share in flesh and blood [in the physical nature of human beings], He [Himself] in a similar manner partook of the same [nature], that by [going through] death He might bring to nought and make of no effect him who the power of death—that is, the devil—
- And also that He might deliver and completely set free all those who through the [haunting] fear of death were held in bondage throughout the whole course of their lives.
The devilthe power of death. Jesus stripped him of all his power. We just read that in 1 Corinthians 15:54-57. Being brought to nought means that
Now let’s look at those same verses in the King James Version:
- So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
- O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
- The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
- But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our LORD Jesus Christ.
Jesussatan. The New Living Translation says Jesus One definition of the word destroy is “to paralyze.” I like that. The devil has been broken, paralyzed and brought to zero. All of that is victory in the New Birth. What about victory in being Now, we’ve introduced great power and victory over all the works of the devil. Jesus said in John 14:10,
Now look at verse 12:
- Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Jesus, how will we do that? Look at verses 16-17:
- And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
- Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Now, fast forward to Acts 1:8. Jesus said, “Ye shall receiveafter that the Holy Ghost is come upon you.” John the Baptist said in Matthew 3:11:
- I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
With the Holy Ghost andWe’re talking about the gifts of the Spirit in 1 Corinthians 12, or of the Holy Spirit. You talk about victorious power! in His ministry.
“Yeah, Brother Copeland, but that was Jesus.”
No, it wasn’t. It was God. Acts 10:38 says so:
- How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil;
That’s the samethat you and I received.
“Aw, Brother Copeland, you mean it?
Yes, I do. Turn to one of our Partner prayer scriptures—Ephesians 3:14-20:
- For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our LORD Jesus Christ,
- Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
- That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
- That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
- May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
- And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
- Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.
Look at verse 20 again: “according ” It’s the same Greek word as in Acts 2 and Acts 10— It’s defined as “ ”
Well, we could go on and on. In Jesus, we haveWe could talk about victory in being made the righteousness of God. That’s what Romans 5:17 is about. Let’s read it in the AMPC:
- For if because of one man’s trespass (lapse, offense) death reigned through that one, much more surely will those who receive [God’s] overflowing grace (unmerited favor) and the free gift of righteousness [putting them into right standing with Himself] reign as kings in life through the one Man Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
Look at that: “reign as kings in life.” That’s
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, or what we could call yourbegin to shout, “I am triumphant! I am a world overcomer! Therefore, I can do all things through Christ, the Anointed One, who has made me victorious and made me to reign over the affairs of life. In Him, I am a king and a priest. I sit with Him in heavenly places. I am what Romans 8:37 says I am:
- Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Now you know where my heart is, and has been, since the very beginning days of this ministry.
In the late ’60s, in a little town called Hereford, Texas, 48 miles from Amarillo, the word of The LORD came to me saying, Preach and teach victory and victorious living everywhere you go. As you know, that’s what we’re all about here at KCM. I pray that for you constantly. This whole ministry prays and stands with you every day!
See you at the next
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.