Have you ever been to the place where you felt like you just couldn’t go any further? I have. That’s when thoughts come like,Well, that’s a good question. However, a better question is, “What is Jesus going to do to help me?” Of course, the answers to all our questions like these are found in His WORD.
When I inquired of The LORD what He would have me say to you this month, I heard in my spirit the same word three times: Overcome! Overcome! Overcome!
John 16:32-33 (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition) says:
- But take notice, the hour is coming, and it has arrived, when you will all be dispersed and scattered, every man to his own home, leaving Me alone. Yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.
- I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]
So Jesus has alreadythe world. Does the word world here represent the planet? He’s talking about He’s the one responsible for all the tribulation, trials, distresses and frustrations Jesus was referring to in verse 33. Let’s stop here and think a minute about what The WORD says about trials in James 1:12 (New King James Version):
- Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which
What does that have to do with overcoming? Everything! Nehemiah 8:10 says the joy of The LORD is your strength. That’s not referring to physical strength.
Let’s read Romans 12:21:
- Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
The word you is the understood subject of that sentence.How? Now let’s go to 1 John 4:4
- Little children, you are of God [you belong to Him] and have [already] defeated and overcome them [the agents of the antichrist], because He Who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world (AMPC).
If that doesn’t set you on fire,However, like they say in TV commercials, Remember, Jesus said, “Be of good cheer; (John 16:33)?
Now, let’s look at 1 John 5:1-5 (AMPC).
- Everyone who believes (adheres to, trusts, and relies on the fact) that Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah) is a born-again child of God; and everyone who loves the Father also loves the one born of Him (His offspring).
- By this we come to know (recognize and understand) that we love the children of God: and obey His commands (orders, charges)—[when we keep His ordinances and are mindful of His precepts and His teaching].
- [keep His ordinances and are mindful of His precepts and teaching]. And these orders of His are not irksome (burdensome, oppressive, or grievous).
Dear LORD! Read that fifth verse again:
whether you’re overcoming or not. NOW!
And don’t forget Revelation 12:11:
- And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Now before you put this letter down, go to Ephesians 6:13-16:
- Wherefore [you] take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
- And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
- Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
These are the answers to all the mess that came with 2020.
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, remember and say,
All of us here at KCM love you, God loves you, and Jesus is LORD!
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.