Let’s begin our study together this month beginning with 1 John 1:5:
- This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
Now let’s look at 1 John 4:15-16:
- Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
- And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
God is Love.and In Him is darkness at all. Think about that: GOD IS LIGHT. In Him is NO DARKNESS. In Him is NO DEATH. GOD IS LOVE. In Him is NO HATE.
Look at Psalm 119:105:
- Thy WORD is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Remember now, that we, according to 1 Peter 1:23, are born again by The WORD of God.
Let’s read it:
- Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by The WORD of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Now let’s read Ephesians 5:8:
- For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in The LORD: walk as children of light.
Can you see the pattern that’s beginning to emerge here? Well now, wait a minute. What about Romans 13:12?
- The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
What? Let us?put on and wear
“But, Brother Copeland, how do I do that?”
Well, keep reading verses 13-14:
- Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
- But put ye on The LORD Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
Put on The LORD JesusThe word —the Anointed One and
“Brother Copeland, I don’t get it.”
Yes, you do. Let’s read Luke 4:18:
- The Spirit of The LORD is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.
Now you can see it.then, is WALKING IN THE LIGHT AS HE IS IN THE LIGHT! Let’s go back to 1 John 1:5 where we started, and continue reading with verses 6-9:
- If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
- If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Now, we’ve come to a wonderful place for aGet your spiritual mouth ready. Look at 1 John 2:9-10:
- He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
- He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
Wait a minute! That’s not all. Chapter 5:18 says,but he that is keepeth himself, and ”! Now let’s read that from the Amplified Bible, Classic Edition, still substituting the word LOVE for GOD:
- We know [absolutely] that anyone born of [LOVE] does not [deliberately and knowingly] practice committing sin, but the One Who was begotten of [LOVE] carefully watches over and protects him [Christ’s divine presence within him preserves him against the evil], and the wicked one does not lay hold (get a grip) on him or touch [him].
Now, tell the devil:I am a COVENANT MAN! I am a COVENANT WOMAN! just happens to be who is LOVE Himself. Not only that, devil, Now, I just happen to know and believe James 4:7, which says: ‘Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.’”
Now get hold of that verse from the AMPC:
- So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you.
Oh, but that’s not all! Verse 8 says toMy brother and sister, it just doesn’t get any better than that. Lay hold on God’s WORD, especially in the midst of trials and difficult situations. Like Abraham of old, begin calling things that be not as though they were. For instance: “I consider not my body, now 83 years old. I consider Him—the One who called and healed me over 2,000 years ago. I consider Him who promised me 120 years in Genesis 6:3. I consider not financial difficulties. I consider Him who was made a curse for me and broke the power of poverty and debt. I call myself debt free!”
Well, as you know, I could go on and on, but I don’t have to with you.You know The WORD.
As you sow your BLESSING SEED this month, remember into what you are sowing—I first heard those words one night in 1970, while flying in the airplane by myself. To me it was audible: “Coming to you from the Revival Capital of the World!”
I checked my audio panel to see if I’d left on the low-frequency radio. Then I realized those words were in the spirit. Three years later, Gloria and I first set foot on the property we’ve now enjoyed these many years. At that moment, the word of The LORD came to me saying, This is the Revival Capital of the World, and you’re going to build it.
Well, it’shappening and, we’re going to get it done. I’ll be sharing more about this during 2020.
Gloria and I love you so very much, and we pray for you every day.
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.