Let’s begin this month by calling to remembrance what Jesus said in John 8:31-32:
- Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my WORD, then are ye my disciples indeed;
- And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
God’s covenant promises are THE TRUTH! He is our very own Father, and He always has a plan. ALWAYS! The Spirit of God said through His prophet, Jeremiah, in Chapter 29:11-12, (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition):
- For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says The LORD, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.
- Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.
Those words are of little value unless You KNOW them—not only having an intimate relationship with His words, but also with the One who has spoken them. He said in Hebrews 10:38: “Now the just shall live by faith.” Faith words should or, rather, must be the first words you and I speak about anything. First words lay the foundation for the future. Words of faith or words of fear? First words of Love, or something else? Let’s explore that. First, turn with me in your Bible to Job 3:25:
- For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
Now look at 1 John 4:16: “And we have known and believed the Love that God hath to us. God is Love; and he that dwelleth in Love dwelleth in God, and God in him.”
GOD IS LOVE! Nowhere in the Bible does it say, “God is power.” He is LOVE! And He uses His power in behalf of His family. In John 13:34-35 Jesus—LOVE manifested in the flesh—said:
- A new commandment I give unto you, That ye Love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also Love one another.
- By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have Love one to another.
That is not a suggestion! It is a commandment. It is THE command—HEAVEN’s command, heaven’s plan! Now let’s look at 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 in the AMPC:
- Love endures long and is patient and kind; Love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
- It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s Love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
- It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
- Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].
- Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. As for prophecy (the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), it will be fulfilled and pass away; as for tongues, they will be destroyed and cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away [it will lose its value and be superseded by truth].
Did you notice the phrase “God’s Love in us”? Yes! Look at what else the Apostle Paul wrote in Romans 5:5: “And hope maketh not ashamed; because the Love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.”
There you have it! LOVE NEVER FAILS, AND IT NEVER ENDS! So Love-filled faith never fails because we find in Galatians 5:5-6:
- For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
- For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by Love.
Faith works by Love, and 1 John 4:18 says it casts out fear:
- There is no fear in Love; but perfect [mature] Love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in Love.
Who fears? The AMPC makes it a little clearer:
- There is no fear in Love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) Love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of Love [is not yet grown into Love’s complete perfection].
So then, how does one develop a Love life? The same way we developed our faith life—by obeying The WORD of our faith Father. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by The WORD of God (Romans 10:17). Look at Ephesians 5:1-2:
- Be ye therefore followers [imitators] of God, as dear children;
- And walk in Love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
We can’t do that on our own. We must walk in Love (who is GOD) as Christ, the Anointed One and His Anointing, also has loved us and has given Himself for us.
Remember this? Christ, again, the Anointed One and His Anointing, in you and in me, within us, is our hope of glory (Colossians 1:27)! Where do all these exceeding great and precious covenant promises fit in for 2023?
My morning routine is to get up early and get on the treadmill before breakfast. A few days ago, while on the treadmill, I was watching Gloria preaching Healing School in Atlanta, Ga., in 1992. The prediction for 1993 was for recession, but she said, “Ken said, ‘No crash for me in ’93!’” So, let’s refer to the fundamentals of faith in Mark 11:22-25:
- And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
- For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
- Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
- And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
The recession came. In fact, it increased, but KCM increased 18% over the previous year, from our Partners alone. We had a marvelous year! Why? Because our first reaction was based on the words of Jesus. We released our faith in our Father, who is the God of more than enough! For the bottom line, look at Proverbs 18:20-21, AMPC:
- A man’s [moral] self shall be filled with the fruit of his mouth; and with the consequence of his words he must be satisfied [whether good or evil].
- Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life].
I’ll close with a scripture found in Matthew 18:16, AMPC: “But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two others, so that every word may be confirmed and upheld by the testimony of two or three witnesses.”
Ultimately, there are three witnesses: No. 1. The supreme Witness, The Almighty GOD; No. 2. The one who has come to steal, kill and destroy; No. 3. ME! You! You and I are THE DECIDING WITNESSES! Whatever we say, based on the eternal WORD of our Father, is what settles the entire matter. He said, “I have set before you life and death, BLESSING and cursing: therefore [you] choose life (!) that both you and your seed may live” (Deuteronomy 30:19). Where, then, is Love in all of this? Verse 20, in the AMPC says:
- And [that you] may love The LORD your God, obey His voice, and cling to Him. For He is your life and the length of your days, that you may dwell in the land which The LORD swore to give to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
He is our life and the length of our days. In 3 John 2 and 4 (AMPC), the Apostle John said: “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers…. I have no greater joy than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children are living their lives in the Truth.”
That, dear Partner, is our prayer for you throughout the rest of 2023! I’m saying, in the Name of Jesus, whose I am and whom I serve, that you will prosper in 2023, spirit, soul, body, financially and socially. You will be the head and not the tail. According to Deuteronomy 28:13: “And The LORD shall make you the head, and not the tail; and you shall be above only, and you shall not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of The LORD your God which I command you this day and are watchful to do them” (AMPC). Now, Matthew 22:36-39: “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love The LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself’” (New King James Version).
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, remember that those words are from THE BLESSING of Abraham and Galatians 3:13-14:
- Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
- That THE BLESSING of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
THE BLESSING of Abraham has come ON US! Verse 29 says: “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Glory to the God Most High! Now, look at the words of the Master in Mark 10:30: “But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.”
Those are words written in red! Therefore, all is well in the household of faith! Why? BECAUSE WE SAY SO!
So we say, God Loves you! We Love you! And Jesus is LORD!
PS. Happy Birthday, Gloria!