KCM Canada is Hiring a Videographer/Video Editor
Kenneth Copeland Ministries Canada’s Media and Communications team (PD Team) is hiring a Videographer/Video Editor.
At KCM, we seek to hire people who reflect the mission and heart of our ministry. The successful candidate is a motivated and organized individual who cares about video and film as much as reaching people with the Word of God.
Reporting to the Partner Development Manager, you will record videos and edit footage while working independently or with a small crew. You may need to interview people and collaborate with other Videographers to obtain all the footage required for a shoot. You’re also responsible for selecting, cleaning and performing maintenance on recording equipment.
Main focus is on making content that promotes KCM and Victory Channel’s mission, products or services. Examples include but not limited to testimony interviews, footage for television commercials, conference presentations, event filming, broadcasting for a network and various promo videos.
Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visually compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining storytelling with great pictures and sound.
You are both technical and creative in nature.
This position is not a remote job. You will be required to work onsite as well as be part of organization events and conferences in person. You will also be required to travel for work and filming. If you live outside BC, you will need to be willing to move closer to the office in Langley, BC.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Film video on set and on location
- Assess what type of equipment to use for production objective
- Clean and disassemble hardware
- Set up and tear down cameras, audio recorders, lighting, microphones, props and other equipment
- Troubleshoot problems with the equipment
- Able to shoot videos to be used in various media including web, mobile, broadcasting etc.
- Able to edit raw video footage and format it for various media
- Edit footage after recording
- Add computer graphics, closed captioning and special effects to footage
- Prepare background film, also called “B” rolls
- Work with editors and other designers to resolve technical and/or video issues
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest video and filming techniques
- Ensure compliance with firm guidelines and design standards
- Work with creative teams to plan and create video products
- Contribute to collaborative brainstorms and concept development
- Tell compelling stories using design and motion, tailored to the ministry and channel.
Education and Experience:
- Work experience equivalent to or bachelor’s degree in Videography, Film, Cinematography, Filmmaking, Video Production, or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience as a videographer
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A demo reel that showcases a variety of filming and work that was previously shot by the applicant
- Ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing environments under strict deadlines
- Multitasking skills for working with many crew members at once
- Creative thinking with an excellent eye for detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for collaborating with clients and members of the production team
- Knowledge of post-production techniques
- Physical ability to move and hold recording equipment for long periods
- Understand computer software used for planning, editing and scripting
- An understanding of storytelling, camera moves, timing and flow
- Ability to capture snippets of film and be able to edit it into a cohesive story
- Expert-level knowledge of video software (After Effects, Adobe Premiere, etc.)
- Strong understanding of how audio, motion, and raw video can come together to tell a compelling story
- Self-starter, independent thinker, highly responsible
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Attention to detail and adherence to project deadline
Equipment To Be Used:
- Main camera that will be used is Sony FX6 Cinema
- Software applications including but not limited to Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
- Must be able to sit at a computer for a minimum of seven hours per day
- Must be able to steadily hold and handle a video camera
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, printers, calculators, telephones, and other office equipment
- Maintain focus and attention to detail throughout the edit session, both in video and audio areas
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans
- Must be very organized and require minimum instruction
- Must be task and goal oriented
- Must adapt well to changing work situations
- Able to grasp and apply new ideas
- Good at relating and interacting with people at all levels
- Must have good command of the English language
- Work experience in a Christian ministry or church
- Experience in TV broadcasting or film production is an asset
- Born-again believer (KCM Partner an asset)
- Familiar with Kenneth Copeland Ministries and what we do
- Aligned personal values with KCM values, vision and mission statement
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) Langley, BC, Canada.
Pay and Benefits
At KCM, we focus on providing a work environment that develops our team members as believers, employees and individuals.
We offer competitive wages including great benefits within a fun, uplifting faith environment.
After a probationary period, you will have access to full benefits including extended health and dental coverage.
About KCM Canada
We have been ministering the gospel in Canada for over 46 years, teaching Christians how to apply the principles of faith found in God’s Word. KCM also has offices in: United States, South Africa, Australia, Europe, Ukraine and Latin America.
Our God-given directive is to preach and teach the uncompromised Word of God on every available voice, which is being accomplished through a variety of avenues, including Victory Channel, our Believer’s Voice of Victory TV and radio broadcasts, podcasts and magazine; Believers’ Conventions, Victory Campaigns and other meetings; published books, websites, and social media channels.
How to Apply
Please submit an application by December 15, 2023, at 3:00 PM Pacific Time. In your cover letter, introduce yourself to us and share some recent work that you’re especially proud of. Tell us why you want this job and why you’d like to work at KCM. We value great writers, so be yourself, be creative, and take your time.
Also please include in a separate document, YOUR TESTIMONY OF SALVATION (should be no more than 1 to 2 pages in length).
Apply by emailing your resume, cover letter, testimony of salvation and a link to your demo reel or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does, however, reflect the principal job element of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment. Only the qualified job applicant will be contacted for an interview.