KCM Canada is Hiring
Kenneth Copeland Ministries Canada’s Media and Communications team (PD Team) is hiring a Motion Graphics Designer.
At KCM, we seek to hire people who reflect the mission and heart of our ministry. The successful candidate is a motivated and organized individual who cares about video and film as much as reaching the people with the Word of God.
Reporting to the Partner Development Manager, the Motion Graphics Designer is responsible for designing and animating motion graphic elements for social media videos, broadcast television shows, GFX packages, events, promotional videos, and special projects such as title and post-production work. The Motion Graphics Designer plays and integral part in the creative process, from concept to storyboard to editing and final production.
The ideal candidate is an experienced designer who is passionate about solving nuanced design problems in the simplest, most elegant way. This position is both technical and creative in nature.
This position is not a remote job. You will be required to work on site as well as be part of organization events and conferences in person. If you live outside BC, you will need to be willing to move closer to the office in Langley, BC.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and create engaging motion graphics for a range of assets (broadcast videos, product promotions, events, marketing demos, websites, etc.) in various media including web, mobile, etc.
- Produce work that expresses a knowledge of design, typography, and animation, with a high level of creativity and new ideas
- Work with content and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives
- Contribute to collaborative brainstorms and concept development
- Prepare design plan, concept, and layout for motion graphic project
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colours, animation, etc. for graphic design
- Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- Work with editors and other designers to resolve technical and/or design issues
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques
- Ensure compliance with firm guidelines and design standards
- Create ideas and concepts that evolve into fascinating visual solutions
- Present and have a strong position on designs
- Tell compelling stories using design and motion, tailored to the ministry and channel.
Education and Experience:
- Work experience equivalent to or bachelor’s degree in Motion Design, Interactive Media, Animation, Graphic Design, or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in video/motion graphics design
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A portfolio that showcases a variety of motion design skills, with an emphasis on thoughtful, conceptual design and typographical excellence
- An understanding of storytelling, camera moves, timing and flow in animation.
- Expert understanding of motion best practices and design principles
- Expert-level knowledge of design and video software (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Adobe Premiere, etc. )
- Strong understanding of how audio, motion, and raw video can come together to tell a compelling story
- Self-starter, independent thinker, highly responsible
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Attention to detail and adherence to project deadline
Equipment To Be Used:
- Software applications including but not limited to Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Ross Xpression.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
- Must be able to sit at a computer for a minimum of seven hours per day
- Must be able to steadily hold and handle a video camera
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, printers, calculators, telephones, and other office equipment
- Maintain focus and attention to detail throughout the edit session, both in video and audio areas
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans
- Must be very organized and require minimum instruction
- Must be task and goal oriented
- Must adapt well to changing work situations
- Able to grasp and apply new ideas
- Good at relating and interacting with people at all levels
- Must have good command of the English language and be able to proofread work
- Born-again believer (KCM Partner an asset)
- Agreement with ministry mission, message and code of conduct
- Ability to work with people of all cultures
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) Langley, BC, Canada.
Pay and Benefits
At KCM, we focus on providing a work environment that develops our team members as believers, employees and individuals.
We offer competitive salary packages including great benefits within a fun, uplifting faith environment.
After a probationary period, you will have access to full benefits including extended health and dental coverage.
About KCM Canada
Kenneth Copeland Ministries has been ministering the gospel in Canada for over 46 years, teaching Christians all over the world how to apply the principles of faith found in God’s Word to their lives. KCM also has offices in: United States, South Africa, Australia, Europe, Ukraine and Latin America.
Our God-given directive is to preach and teach the uncompromised Word of God on every available voice, which is being accomplished through a variety of avenues, including Victory Channel, our Believer’s Voice of Victory TV and radio broadcasts, podcasts and magazine; Believers’ Conventions, Victory Campaigns and other meetings; published books, websites, and social media channels.
How to Apply
Please submit an application by October 14, 2022, at 3:00 PM Pacific Time. In your cover letter, introduce yourself to us as a colleague and share some recent work that you’re especially proud of. Tell us why you want this job and why you’d like to work at KCM. We value great writers, so be yourself, be creative, and take your time.
Also please include in a separate document, YOUR TESTIMONY OF SALVATION (should be no more than 1 to 2 pages in length).
Apply by emailing us your resume, cover letter, testimony of salvation and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does, however, reflect the principal job element of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment. Only the qualified job applicant will be contacted for an interview.