It’s finally here—My mother dearly loved Christmas, and so did I. I still do. She would always see to it that the tree was up and decorated before my birthday, which is Dec. 6. She thought that was great, but it was torture for me. Nineteen days to wait! Actually, it was all
What does the word Christmas mean?“the Anointed One and His Anointing,” and mas, meaning “celebration.” For people like us who live and walk by faith, it’s especially important because it sets the tone for the coming year.
2022, I like the sound of that! The truth is,
Always remember this:In John 13:34-35, during the these precious words fell from the lips of the Master:
- A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
- By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Then the Apostle Peter, with those words in his heart, wrote to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia. He told them that they were not redeemed with corruptible things like silver and gold but with
Let’s read 1 Peter 1:21-23:
- Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
- Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto see
- Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by The WORD of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Since we don’t use the word unfeigned today, let’s look at these same verses from the New Living Translation:
- Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory.
- You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters. Love each other deeply with all your heart.
- For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living WORD of God.
Now that describes the true meaning of Christmas:JESUS of NAZARETH is His Name. Through Him, Peter said, we have come to trust in God. And, we have been born again, “ ” but will last forever! Why?
Now look at verses 24-25. Wow!because our and with His who is forever our Lord. No wonder it’s the good news! You know the Greek word euaggelion actually means: “a reward for good tidings.” Anyone can see from that Greek word we get the word evangelist, “a bringer of GOOD tidings, or good news,” and from His Son who went about ALL who were oppressed by the devil (Acts 10:38) who was, and is, absolute BAD!
What, now, is the bottom line?(Galatians 5:6).
And then Romans 5:5 says:
- And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
God Himself. He’s the Gift to the Church. Jesus said, “It is the Father within me, ” (John 14:10)! for us because it’s Why is that? Our faith is the connector to
Throughout the coming year, do your best to be like AbrahamThat’s the centerpiece of living by faith
The Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul, wrote Romans 4:16-21. My, my,unmerited favor!
How could Abraham be fully persuaded? BECAUSE
Look at this from Genesis 17:4-5:
- As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
- Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
ABRA-H-AM, the covenant name change. God put His Name,which before this blood covenant in Abra-H-am’s blood, he had been protected only by the blood of animals. The book of Hebrews explains all of this. Let’s look again at that all-important phrase in Romans 4:17. God calls things that be not as though they were:
- As it is written, I have made you the father of many nations. [He was appointed our father] in the sight of God in Whom he believed, Who gives life to the dead and speaks of the nonexistent things that [He has foretold and promised] as if they [already] existed (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition).
Glory to God! Now we can see why, like Abraham and, we [in our covenant] And what is faith? Hebrews 11:1 in the AMPC is so very clear:
- Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].
Partner, for whatever you want or need from God all year is found Isaiah 53:4-5— 1 Peter 2:24— Philippians 4:19— ALL YOUR NEEDS! By your own ability? No, but
The Apostle Paul was writing to his partners. Philippians 1:5 (AMPC) is really clear in the New Living Translation:
PARTNERS!2022 is truly a banner year for whosoever—Mark 11:23-25 and 1 John 5:1-5 (NLT). Now verses 4-5 (AMPC):
- For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith.
- Who is it that is victorious over [that conquers] the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on that fact]?
There you have it.
All of this ministry loves you, and:
Jesus is LORD!
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.