Glory to God, December is finally here! This is absolutely my favorite time of year—not just because of Christmas, even though I do enjoy Jesus’ special day. I really do like cold weather. I have, ever since I can remember. So when most people are inside, I enjoy putting on my snowmobile suit, and then I get on my motorcycle and go!
Let’s begin today by looking at Joshua 1:9:
- Have not I thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for The LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
Wait a minute. Didsay that? Yes, did. It says so in verse 1. If and to be of a good courage, He’s commanding and expecting the same from us. Then the command gets even more demanding. or “Fear not.” What is the opposite of fear? Look at that next phrase: The Hebrew word translated dismayed also means “broken” or “broken to pieces.” In other words, “I command you to not let anything bring you to the breaking point.”
The words nervous breakdown come to mind.Finish the verse: Glory to God, that changes everything! We must always remember that. He That’s what living and walking by faith is all about. For instance, in Ephesians 6:10, Paul didn’t say, “Finally, my brethren, be strong.” No, he said:
- Finally, my brethren, be strong and in the power
But wait! Don’t stop there. It says, “and in the POWER of ! We enter into His rest (Hebrews 4:9-12). Your and my confession of faith therefore is: “I believe it in my heart, The greater One is my strength. When I’m at rest in Him, He is working for me. Why should I be afraid or in any way dismayed?’” Was David afraid, dismayed or in any way disturbed by the size of Goliath? Where did he get such courage? What was the key behind his question when he asked, ? Do you remember what he said to King Saul?
Let’s look at 1 Samuel 17:32:
- And David said to Saul, Let no man’s heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine.
Now verse 36:
- Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.
Now look at what else this teenager said
- Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of The LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
- This day will The LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
David said, “I’m not alone in this. I come to youAND THE GREATER ONE DELIVER ME!” No wonder he was a man after God’s own heart. and he also knew that You and I have a
God was with David, butDavid came in the Name of The LORD of hosts. We face our giants with more than a slingshot. We come in the fully clad in the FULL ARMOR of GOD!
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, praise the God of heaven. Give glory, praise and honor to the One who, 2,000 years ago, brought our victor and champion, JESUS, into this world.we can surely shout, I AM AN OVERCOMER! THIS IS THE VICTORY THAT OVERCOMES THE GIANTS IN
Gloria and I pray and believe that this will be the greatest December you’ve ever had. But, WOW! Look out, Goliath! HERE COMES 2021!
GOD LOVES YOU. WE LOVE YOU, AND JESUS IS LORD!
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.