The closing days of 2023 are just around the corner. So what’s next?According to 2 Corinthians 5:6-7:
- Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from The LORD:
- (For we walk by faith, not by sight.)
There it is. “”! How and why? Because Looking back can bring condemnation. Let’s read what the Spirit of God is saying through the Apostle Paul in Romans 8:1-6
- There is therefore now to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit
- For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
- For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
- That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
- For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
- For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Read it again. How much condemnation?“ ” Or, walk after Read on in verses 7-10:
- Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
- So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
- But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
- And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
I’ve known of wonderful Christian people who had the idea that things would begin working out for me. What is that? “But you [Kenneth] are ” then must God says. Does the Spirit of God dwell in me? Yes. That happened Nov. 2, 1962, a little after 8 p.m. I asked Jesus to and He did! Then in Jan. ’63, He baptized Gloria and me with the Holy Spirit and power. Everything be backed by, “What says the living WORD of God?” We began this letter in 2 Corinthians 5, so let’s continue with verses 17-21 in the Amplified Bible, Classic Edition, and then take a praise break and shout:
- Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!
- But all things are from God, Who through Jesus Christ reconciled us to Himself [received us into favor, brought us into harmony with Himself] and gave to us the ministry of reconciliation [that by word and deed we might aim to bring others into harmony with Him].
- It was God [personally present] in Christ, reconciling and restoring the world to favor with Himself, not counting up and holding against [men] their trespasses [but cancelling them], and committing to us the message of reconciliation (of the restoration to favor).
- So we are Christ’s ambassadors, God making His appeal as it were through us. We [as Christ’s personal representatives] beg you for His sake to lay hold of the divine favor [now offered you] and be reconciled to God.
- For our sake He made Christ [virtually] to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in and through Him we might become [endued with, viewed as being in, and examples of] the righteousness of God [what we ought to be, approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him, by His goodness].
“But, Brother Copeland, I feel so unworthy.”
We are in Christ Jesus, and Jesus Now we must see to it that How? By walking by faith? Let’s turn to Ephesians 5:1-2, AMPC:
- Therefore be imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as wellbeloved children [imitate their father].
- And walk in Love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance.
What does that mean? Back up and read Chapter 4:31-32 (AMPC):
- Let all bitterness and indignation and wrath (passion, rage, bad temper) and resentment (anger, animosity) and quarreling (brawling, clamor, contention) and slander (evil-speaking, abusive or blasphemous language) be banished from you, with all malice (spite, ill will, or baseness of any kind).
- And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another [readily and freely], as God in Christ forgave you.
Look carefully at that“ ”!
“How can I ever do that? You have no idea what they did.”
“AS GOD IN CHRIST FORGAVE YOU”!Look at Galatians 5:6 in the AMPC:
- For [if we are] in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith activated and energized and expressed and working through Love.
And now look at Romans 5:3-5, also in the AMPC:
- Moreover [let us also be full of joy now!] let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance.
- And endurance (fortitude) develops maturity of character (approved faith and tried integrity). And character [of this sort] produces joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation.
- Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God’s Love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us.
that has been shed abroad in our innermost beings Look at 1 John 4:16, AMPC:
- And we know (understand, recognize, are conscious of, by observation and by experience) and believe ( God cherishes for us. God is Love, and he who dwells and dwells and continues in God, and God dwells and continues in him.
In closing, we must answer the question in our hearts and minds about 2024. The answer is written in Philippians 3:13-14, AMPC:
- I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]:
- on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.
Forgetting what lies behind, let’s press on toward the goal(VICTORY)! You may be pressing toward financial goals. or are you just hit and miss with your tithing? Do you have healing and health goals? First Peter 2:24 is the answer to that. Maybe you are pressing toward the goal of resolving family problems. First Corinthians 13:4-5, in the AMPC, is your answer:
- Love endures long and is patient and kind; Love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
- It [Love] is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
Verse 8 says, “”
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month,Pray, seek God and Your ballot is your seed. If you don’t vote, Vote, remembering our first president, George Washington’s He said: “ ” Remind the God, who is more than enough, of our country’s covenant with Him. Proverbs 29:2 says it all:
- When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
We are alwaysTo what? Christmas, your birthday, Philippians 4:19-20 in the AMPC says:
- To our God and Father be glory forever and ever (through the endless eternities of the eternities). Amen (so be it).
God Loves you, we Love you, and Jesus is LORD!