I especially enjoy this time of year. In our part of the country, as you know, summers are very hot. So, the coming of fall is just wonderful.
October is very important to me. In 1961, TCU played Arkansas for the SWC championship. You know the story. On Saturday night,
This is also the time of the year when the trees begin to rest for the winter. Old leaves begin to take on beautiful colors and fall to the ground. The animals also look forward to the cooling-down time. In October and November the sweet smell of cool, crisp air is so refreshing. Change is taking place all around us!
This is a great time to take stock and examine our own lives. Are there areas of just the same old, same old? Am I in a rut? Well, it’s time to set into motionexamination of our lives. Take the time to meditate on the things that The LORD, by His Spirit, has instructed us to do. Have you allowed some of those things to slip?
Most Christians don’t realize that’s what the great book of Hebrews deals with more than anything else. The third and fourth chapters set the stage for the rest of the book. Let’s look at Hebrews 3:1:
- Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus.
Before we consider anything or anyone else,— In the eyes of God, That heavenly calling is explained in Hebrews 5:9-10:
- And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation
- Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
Those, dear Partner, are exciting words.
“But Brother Copeland,” you might say, “I still don’t see where I fit into all of this.” OK. Go with me to the book of Revelation and let’s look at three different chapters. In Chapter 1:5-6, we read,
- And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
- And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Glory to God! He, Jesus, has not only washed us from our sins in HIS OWN BLOOD. He, thehas made us Now you know where the phrase “King of kings and LORD of lords” comes from. It is referring to Remember, we sit with Him
Now, on to Chapter 5:9-10:
- And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
- And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Not only are we kings and priest unto our God, butDo you have on your shouting clothes? Feast your eyes on that 10th verse in the Amplified Bible, Classic Edition:
- And You have made them a kingdom (royal race) and priests to our God, and they shall reign [as kings] over the earth!
Glory to God!Now, look at Chapter 20:6:
- Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Partner, that’s you and me to whom the Holy Spirit is referring.
Now then, let’s go back to where we were in Hebrews and read the first three verses in Chapter 4:
- Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
- For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
- For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Now let that soak in. Let it go down deep into your innermost being.or we which have How do these wonderful truths apply to you today? It’s simple. You are a king—a queen. See yourself in Romans 5:17:
- For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.
Now, from the AMPC:
- For if because of one man’s trespass (lapse, offense) death reigned through that one, much more surely will those who receive [God’s] overflowing grace (unmerited favor) and the free gift of righteousness [putting them into right standing with Himself] reign as kings in life through the one Man Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
Shall reign as kings in life! Not on our own, but through Him—
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, sit down on your spiritual throne next to your King in the heavenlies and declare your authority (as a king) over your financial life. Take your placeover the health of your kingdom—your household, the household of faith. In King Jesus and take our place as the BLESSED of God. I now plant you into Kenneth Copeland Ministries, according to Mark 4:32, greater than any and all the needs I have—spirit, soul, body, financially and socially! In the Name of Jesus, so be it!” Remember, God loves you, we love you, and Jesus is LORD!
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.