Words! The most important things in the earth to all human beings are words. Jesus said it in one sentence: “By thythou shalt be justified, and by thy thou shalt be condemned” (Matthew 12:37).
Let’s begin at the beginning with Genesis 1:1-3:
- In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
- And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
- And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Notice that the Spirit of God was moving upon the face of the waters, but nothing happened until words released the mighty power that created this universe—the faith of God (Hebrews 11:3).Not only that, but according to Hebrews 1:3, all things are upheld by The WORD of His power:
- Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by The WORD of his power.
Now let’s look at that verse in The Amplified Bible:
- The Son is the radiance and only expression of the glory of [our awesome] God [reflecting God’s Shekinah glory, the Light-being, the brilliant light of the divine], and the exact representation and perfect imprint of His [Father’s] essence, and upholding and maintaining and propelling all things [the entire physical and spiritual universe] by His powerful WORD [carrying the universe along to its predetermined goal].
So we live in a WORD-created universe,
All human lives and destinies are determined by the words they speak. Let’s see what God Himself has to say about it in 2 Corinthians13:1:
- This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
Psalm 19:14 says:
- Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Then, Psalm 91:1-2 says:
- He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of The LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
How does one enter into the secret place of the“He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.”
Now look at Proverbs 4:20-24:
- My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
- Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
- For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
- Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
- Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
Notice verse 24 says to put away from yourself a disobedient mouth, or what the New Living Translation calls “perverse talk” and “corrupt speech.”
Proverbs 6:2 says:
- Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
A snare is a trap.
Let’s look at some more scriptures that deal with the power of the tongue:
- There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.
- I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith The LORD; and I will heal him.
- A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
Proverbs 15:4, Amplified Bible, Classic Edition:
- A gentle tongue [with its healing power] is a tree of life, but willful contrariness in it breaks down the spirit.
- A mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
- A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
No one can be an aggressive reaper of the harvest coming from the seed he has sown without putting in the sickle. That sickle is the tongue. Use it to bring in your increase, otherwise the seed you have sown will be slow to produce the harvest you need (Mark 4:26-29).
Now for the eye-opener! Proverbs 18:21 says:
- and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
The same verse in the AMP says:
- Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it and indulge it will eat its fruit and bear the consequences of their words.
That’s plain enough! Let’s look at some more scriptures:
- Your words have been stout against me, saith The LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee?
- Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession [confession].
- Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears:
And finally, 1 Peter 3:10:
- For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile.
These scriptures don’t just apply to believers. These are the spiritual laws of words. We live in a word-created, word-upheld, word-dominated environment. No one can change that. We can, however, change the words under which we live. Jesus said in Matthew 12:34 that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
And then, in verse 35 He said:
- A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
So Mark11:23 is true on both the positive and negative sides (Proverbs 18:21).
Oh, dear Partner! You, me and, The only thing that will change it is to change what we are saying. Romans 10:17 says, “Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by The WORD of God.” Rise up and take your divine authority over every situation according to 1 John 5:4:
- For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Your time has come. Seize it, NOW!
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, hold it in your hands, and put these scriptures in your mouth. By faith declare your harvest. Harvest time is dancing and singing in the spirit. Do it. I dare you! Psalm 126:1-2,6 are TRUE, NOW! We can rejoice NOW—today!
Thank you for being our Partner. Gloria and I love you dearly, and we pray for you every day.
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.