Let’s begin our discussion of faith todayIn Chapter 3, verses 18-19, we read: “And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief” (New King James Version).
Now, look at Hebrews 4:1-2:
- Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
- For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it (NKJV).
Now that’s really plain, isn’t it? But it presents the question,Well, we know that faith is a spiritual, unseen force. But how does the Bible describe faith? Let’s refer once more to the book of Hebrews. Chapter 11:1 says, of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” The Amplified Bible, Classic Edition, says, “Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].”
I really like that. Perceiving aswhat is not revealed Now we get an idea why it’s so important to teach and preach how faith works and how to use it effectively. For instance, Ephesians 2:8 says, “For by grace and that not of yourselves: ” which is the gift of God. It’s obvious that one from what we read in Romans 1:17:
- For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,
Where else is that statement written? You can find it recorded in Habakkuk 2:4, Galatians 3:11 and also in Hebrews 10:38. Galatians 3:11 is the faith verse that introduces our being redeemed from the curse of the law. Let’s read verses 11-14:
- But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
- And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
- Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
- That THE BLESSING of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
There it is: “That we might receiveOr
Redeemed from the curse of — We could have read that in Brother Kenneth E. Hagin’s books. We could have read it in Brother Oral Roberts’ books. We could have studied it from the Bible itself and never, ever received any benefit from any of it without We not only had to believe in our hearts, but we learned early on that faith speaks. Romans 10:6-8:
- But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
- Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
- But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach.
Now, go on and read verses 9-10.
- That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth The LORD Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
- For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Now that we’re back to: You cannot be saved without believing it in your heart and saying it with your mouth, we can clearly see and understand Hebrews 11:5-6: “that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, for he that cometh to God that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
Notice the wordThe definition of must is “necessary, vital or required.” One must not only believe or that , but by Him to have faith or believe that He is a of them who seek Him. Faith in God, my dear Partner, Our God is the Great Rewarder.
Check out what the Apostle Paul wrote to hisin 1 Timothy 6:12: “Fight the good fight of faith, on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.” The Christian fight cannot be fought without faith. It’s called a “good fight” because
Mark 11:22 tells us, “And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.” The cross reference says, “Have the faith of God.”Wow. The light just came on in your spirit. Now we can see that God is saying,
If I gave you a watch so you wouldn’t be late to work, but you didn’t wear the watch and continued to be late, would you have a valid excuse? The answer is obvious. No! What, then, is first and foremost in the heart and on the mind of God?Adam first, then Abraham. THE BLESSING of The LORD! Galatians 3:26 says, And in verse 29 we read, “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
Romans 14:23 says whatever is not of faith is sin. The AMPC says,Sin, then, is a BLESSING blocker.
In my opinion, these are the “Big Two”: You can’t quench the fiery darts of the enemy without faith; and you can’t overcome the world without faith. Let’s combine those two statements, one of which the Holy Spirit spoke through the Apostle Paul, and the other through the Apostle John. Ephesians 6:16 says,taking the shield of faith, wherewith In the AMPC, that verse says, “Lift up over all the [covering] shield of saving faith, upon which you can quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked [one].”
If the enemy,can’t get past THE SHIELD—THE COVERING— Look at it from 1 John 5:1-5, AMPC:
- Everyone who believes (adheres to, trusts, and relies on the fact) that Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah) is a born-again child of God; and everyone who loves the Father also loves the one born of Him (His offspring).
- By this we come to know (recognize and understand) that we love the children of God: when we love God and obey His commands (orders, charges)—[when we keep His ordinances and are mindful of His precepts and His teaching].
- For the [true] love of God is this: that we do His commands [keep His ordinances and are mindful of His precepts and teaching]. And these orders of His are not irksome (burdensome, oppressive, or grievous).
- Who is it that is victorious over [that conquers] the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on that fact]?
that THE WORLD,
I’m sitting here writing this letter, and looking at your faces on my picture wall at the same time. It’s like having you looking over my shoulder.Somehow, that seems bigger than “overcomers.” It means faith conquers the health problems. It conquers the money problems and the family problems.
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, mix faith with what I’ve shared with you from God’s covenant WORD. Mark 10:29-30 says, “And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s, buthouses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.”
Say this right now: “It’s mine! I take it—NOW!” Gloria and I will see you August 2-7 at the Southwest Believers’ Convention. Remember: God loves you, we love you, and JESUS IS LORD!
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.