Let’s begin today looking at two scriptures. First, let’s read Proverbs 10:22:
- THE BLESSING of The LORD, maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
That, in itself, is exciting, but look at it in the Amplified Bible, Classic Edition:
- THE BLESSING of The LORD—it makes [truly] rich, and He adds no sorrow with it [neither does toiling increase it].
I particularly want you to notice the word toiling. THE BLESSING of The LORD does the toiling, or the work. On the other hand, let’s look at Psalm 73:12:
- Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
They did it. There was no BLESSING of The LORD.worked and toiled, and there’s nothing out of line with that. However, what happens when everything begins to crumble, businesses fail, prices fall, etc.? For them, disaster is always right around the corner. Am I not describing this year?
What, then, is THE BLESSING of The LORD? Let’s go back to the beginning. In Genesis 1:26, God said, “Man, be in our image, after our likeness: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.” All the animals had already been created. The angels were listening.His voice is the only sound being heard. Adam didn’t hear any of that. So what were the very first words to enter a human ear? Does God ever change? NO! Does His will ever change? NO! He is a BLESSING God. Was Adam rich? Absolutely. Does He want you to be rich? Yes, He does. Was Abraham rich? Yes, he was. What, then, does rich mean? When God made the first blood covenant in Genesis 17, He said, “I am El Shadday! That’s what rich means: (2 Corinthians 9:8). His BLESSING is always more than enough.
Now let’s go to Genesis 8. The God who is more than enough designed the great seagoing vessel that was the home of Noah and his family for a year. The whole earth is once again empty except for this one family. God and mankind are starting over. What is the very first thing our God does? He proves that His BLESSING is once again more than enough.
Genesis 9:1 says:
- And God BLESSED Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
Now let’s fast forward to the life of Joseph. He is our prime example in the first covenant ofin action. Let’s look at Genesis 39:1-5:
- And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmeelites, which had brought him down thither.
- And The LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
- And his master saw that The LORD was with him, and that The LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand.
- And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.
- And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that The LORD BLESSED the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and THE BLESSING of The LORD was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.
How did this very young man who had never worked a day in his life know how to manage all this? He was only 17 years old when he had his first dream.THE BLESSING was the same way Abram defeated the greatest expeditionary force of his day with only 318 men! How did they know night tactics (Genesis 14:15)? How did Joseph know how to run a prison? Look at Genesis 39:20-23:
- And Joseph’s master took him, and put him into the prison, a place where the king’s prisoners were bound: and he was there in the prison.
- But The LORD was with Joseph, and showed him mercy, and gave him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison.
- And the keeper of the prison committed to Joseph’s hand all the prisoners that were in the prison; and whatsoever they did there, he was the doer of it.
- The keeper of the prison looked not to any thing that was under his hand; because The LORD was with him, and that which he did, The LORD made it to prosper.
At 30 years old, Joseph became prime minister of the greatest nation on earth.
Both blood covenants are God’s way ofthe original BLESSING of Adam to you and me. Adam, then Noah, then Abraham, and then in Bethlehem, was born into this world. At 30 years old, He began preaching THE BLESSING instead of the curse, and they killed Him for it. But that’s the way the GOD of Abraham planned it. Look at Ephesians 1:3:
- BLESSED be the God and Father of our LORD Jesus Christ, who hath BLESSED us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.
Now, in the book of Galatians, the Spirit of God explains it all through the Apostle Paul. Let’s read Galatians 3:8:
- And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be BLESSED.
The Scripture preached. God and His WORD are One! God preachedto Abraham saying, That’s the gospel. Keep reading verse 9. So why is being BLESSED the gospel? NO MORE CURSE! Look at verses 13-14, but don’t stop there: “AND IF YOU BE CHRIST’S, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM’S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE” (verse 29)! What promise? THE BLESSING of Abraham in Deuteronomy 28:1-14.
When you were born again, THE BLESSING was the power that re-created you—your spirit being—in the image and likeness of Jesus, the second and last Adam. Then, when you were filled to overflowing with the power ofHimself, the God who is more than enough said to you,
But it takes faith that THE BLESSING is in you and working all the time. THE BLESSING is not an “it.” It is the Holy Spirit Himself. THE BLESSING raised Jesus from the dead, and His WORD must be alive and working all the time. Faith comes, or THE BLESSING comes, by hearing, and hearing by The WORD of THE BLESSING Himself.
In closing, as you sow yourseed this month, see yourself BLESSED. Remember this little song?: “Count your BLESSINGS, name them one by one, Count your BLESSINGS, see what God has done!” Start doing that, and it will bring healing in every area of your life—spirit, soul, body, financially and socially. When we pray for you, we expect to work mightily in you today, and every day of your life. Gloria and I love you so very much!
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.