Happy 246th birthday, America! There are thosewho say, “The United States is going down for good!” or, ago, on the shore of what is now Virginia Beach, Va., a small ship from England came here for the express purpose of
They planted a huge crossThen, after and fasting, the chaplain gave the order to plant the cross of Remember also that the first act of Congress in New York City on April 30, 1789, was to and once again, this magnificent and beautiful place to Our very first president, George Washington, Our Constitution We are the only nation to have had No wonder so many people are trying to get in here any way they can!
Well, let’s go to God’s covenant WORD and check it out. Let’s read Proverbs 29:2:
- When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
The word translated mourn is also translated toor sigh, which is to Or, it could be translated today: Then, in this beautiful place in which we live— Have you ever stopped to think that the first stanza of “The Star Spangled Banner” ends with a question? The fourth stanza answers the question:
O thus be it ever when free men shall stand Between their lov’d home and the war’s desolation! Blest with vict’ry and peace may the heav’n rescued land Praise the power that hath made and preserv’d us a nation! Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto—“In God is our trust,” And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Look at the sixth line! “— ”! [Then] the STAR-SPANGLED BANNER WAVE O’ER THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE!
What, then, is the bottom line, and where is it found inThe great Apostle Paul wrote to his spiritual son Timothy in a letter. Shall we read it? Let’s look at 1 Timothy 2:1-6:
- I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
- For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
- For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
- Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
- For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
- Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Read it again, carefully. What did he say?Read it in your Bible. Exhort in the Greek can mean “invoke…implore…” or “beseech,” which means “to beg urgently.” In other words, Paul is saying, “Listen to me! ” Remember now, all Christian failure begins with failure. My father in the faith, Oral Roberts, “pounded” that into my thinking. The very first structure built on the Oral Roberts University campus was the
Now let’s look at the words of the Master Himself. Jesus said in Luke 18:1:
- And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint.
Pray what The LORD Jesus prayed while hanging on that terrible cross in Luke 23:34: “Father, for what they do”! They, don’t have a clue what they done, nor do they The key words here are: No.1— No. 2—
Thewe will look at today are found in Ephesians 6:10. Notice the words, What does that mean? So let’s read verses 10-19:
- Finally, my brethren, be strong in The LORD, and in the power of his might.
- [You] Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
- For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
- And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
- Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
- And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is The WORD of God:
- Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
- And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel.
I’m sitting here smiling because you just read “And for” I pray for you, dear Partner, every day, along with our staff.
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, do it with andLady Liberty needs healing. But we have a BLOOD COVENANT PROMISE for that, as well. It’s found in the First Covenant. So let’s look at it. Second Chronicles 7:14 says:
- If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
“Shall humble themselves” and what?Is that referring to you and me? Ephesians 3:14-15 so:
- For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our LORD Jesus Christ,
- Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named.
Well, there you have it. Now get ready for Southwest Believers’ Convention next month. No more restrictions! No more face diapers unless you just want to wear one. Don’t forget now, faith makes prayer work and not the other way around.
Well, that’s it. We’ll see you next month here in Fort Worth. And remember:
God Loves you. We Love you, and Jesus is LORD!