Our God really is
My father in the faith, Oral Roberts, used to say that all the time. Then he would say,After having said that, he would also say, “Expect a miracle today” or, “Expect a miracle every day.”
Psalm 118:1 says, “O give thanks unto The LORD;because his mercy endureth for ever.” Psalm 136:1 says exactly the same thing.
Let’s look at Psalm 145:6-8, in the Amplified Bible, Classic Edition. It says:
- Men shall speak of the might of Your tremendous and terrible acts, and I will declare Your greatness.
- They shall pour forth [like a fountain] the fame of Your great and and shall sing aloud of Your rightness and justice.
- The LORD is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and abounding in mercy and loving-kindness.
Now, read verses 6-7 in the Complete Jewish Bible:
- People will speak of your and I will tell of your great deeds.
- They will gush forth the fame of your and they will sing of your righteousness.
A pastor came up to me once, after a Full Gospel Business Men’s service, and said to me, “I wish he (Oral Roberts) wouldn’t say that.”
“Say what?” I asked.
“That God is a good God.”
“Should he say God is a bad God?”
“Oh, no, but it gives people the wrong idea about God.”
“Where on earth did that come from?”
“Well, Brother Copeland, doesn’t God make people sick to prove that He can heal them?”
There are some who still believe Jesus healed people to prove His divinity. That couldn’t be true. Look at what happened in Mark 6:1-6 when Jesus taught in His hometown of Nazareth:
- And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.
- And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
- Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
- But Jesus, said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
- save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
- And he went round about the villages, teaching.
“Brother Copeland, I still don’t quite get it. Doesn’t Deuteronomy 28:22, for instance, say that God ‘will smite thee with consumption, and with a fever’?”
Yes, but don’t just read Chapter 28. Chapter 27 explains what was going on. Moses was dealing with a covenant peopleRead it for yourself. The real Bible truth about our Father God is found in Peter’s sermon at the house of Cornelius.
- The WORD which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is LORD of all:)
- How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
“But that was Jesus.”
Let’s go back to what Jesus Himself said in John 6:37-38.
- All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
- For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Remember in Psalm 145:8, where it says, “The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.” Once again, let’s go to what I call “the dividing line” of the Bible. Look at John 10:10-11:
- The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
- I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
He’s a thief. Jesus said, If that’s not enough to set you on fire, your wood is wet!
Skip over to Chapter 14, and read verses 8-9.
- Philip saith unto him, LORD, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
- Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
Now, go back to Acts 10:38:God, through GOD is the oppressor, and the devil is
Let’s read our final shout-filled faith scripture, found in Galatians 3:11-14:
- But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
- And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
- Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
- That THE BLESSING of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
and they belong to you and me. Why?
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, remember why we areUnder our nation’s first president, George Washington, the first act of Congress was to dedicate this nation to God. (Leviticus 26:12).
Hold your seed in your hand. Believe it in your heart and say it with your mouth: “Heavenly Father,You received me into Your kingdom when I did not deserve it. Then, You filled me with Your mighty Spirit. to come to pass. You are the One who made me free—spirit, soul and body. I’m debt free because of You. I’m totally healed and pain free because of You. And because of You, sweet Jesus, ”
Stay in this line of study until The WORD of God in Romans 8:15, which says, “We cry, Abba Father,” is a glorious reality.
Don’t forget that I prayed for you today. I pray for you at the same time I pray THE BLESSING over my food. God loves you. Gloria and I love you. And, Jesus is LORD!
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.