I want to give you an exciting report on the month of May and the Gulfstream V. In 21 days, we flew 70 hours, which was 30,000 miles, and touched four continents. I preached face-to-face to well over 100,000 people, and I’m not the least bit tired! What a magnificent ministry tool! Thank you, and all my Partners, for making it available to Gloria and me.
Today we’ll begin talking about the fundamentals of faith. My grandson Jeremy was preaching on this subject and said something that really stirred me up. He said, “What are you seeing when you watch the Super Bowl and the World Series? You’re watching masters of the fundamentals of the game. The game is the same, and played by the same rules, whether it’s a Little League game played by 10-year-olds, or by the best of the best. How did they become the best? Practice, practice, and more practice. Then, about the time they thought they’d arrived, they practiced, practiced, and practiced some more. That’s the way it is with faith.
The fundamentals, or the ABCs, of faith are:
- Believe The WORD of God
- Say The WORD of God
- Act on The WORD of God
Let’s read Mark 5:25-34.
- And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,
- And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
- When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.
- For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.
- And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.
- And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?
- And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
- And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.
- But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.
- And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
Jesus said the woman’s faith made her whole. All three of the faith basics are in that account. (A)She must have heard The WORD Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by The WORD of God (Romans 10:17). (B) Then in verse 28, she said it. Just hearing is not enough.
Romans 10:10 says:
- For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
What you say is your faith speaking.
Second Corinthians 4:13 says:
- We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak.
See how basic that is? However, hearing and saying is still not enough. It’s not complete. The next basic step is action. The woman could have said, “I believe what I’ve heard. I know it’s true. I know if I but touch the hem of His garment, I will be made whole. But I can’t get out there in that crowd.at that mess. at me. Beside all that, If they catch me in public like this, I’m in real trouble.”
The good fight of faith is on:What is all this? The devil is doing everything he can to stop this woman, and you, from acting on The WORD. Remember 2 Corinthians 5:7? It says, “We walk by faith, not by sight.” If the devil can keep you in the realm of the senses, he’ll defeat you every time, in every battle. If you, however, hold him in the arena of faith, you will be victorious—every time! First John 5:4 says, “This is the victory that overcometh the world [every time], even our faith.”
(C) The woman came, and she touched. She acted on what she had heard. She became a doer of The WORD and not a hearer only.
Look at James 1:25:
- But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
This man or womanor be BLESSED in the doing, or the action of faith.
Notice also that James calls The WORD:
The woman’s faith made a demand on the healing Anointing of Jesus. Not only did that heal her, but it made her completely whole. That included recovery of all she had suffered and spent on all those physicians. Jesus said, “Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, andwhole of thy plague” (Mark 5:34). FAITH DID IT! And it’ll do it again.
Now, the final step. When you stand praying, forgive if you have aught against any (Mark 11:25). Do it while you’re still praying. That’s an equal part of your prayer—every prayer. Faith works in a forgiving, loving atmosphere.
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, take the time to match the steps of faith with promises in The WORD that cover the situations about which you are praying and believing. Then sow the seed for that harvest. Take it step by step. Don’t be in a hurry. Take the time to meditate on every verse. Read this letter several times from top to bottom. All the time, faith is coming. Keep it simple. Be bold, and never, ever quit! Jesus is there. Touch His garment with your faith and praise. Your victory will come to pass. You have His WORD on it!
Gloria and I love you so much. We pray for you every day!
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.