Let’s begin today by praising our great and Good God for the freedoms we have in Christ Jesus. In John 8:36, Jesus said:
- If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Now, let’s go to 1 Corinthians 15. There are 58 verses in this wonderful and powerful chapter. The bottom line is in verses 54-57:
- So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
- O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
- The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
- But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our LORD Jesus Christ.
Victory over what?But not before Jesus of Nazareth died on that awful cross. He then went to hell and suffered more than any man. But then, right there in hell itself,
Let’s look at that in 1 Peter 3:18, Amplified Bible, Classic Edition:
- For Christ [the Messiah Himself] died for sins once for all, the Righteous for the unrighteous (the Just for the unjust, the Innocent for the guilty), that He might bring us to God. In His human body He was put to death, but He was made alive in the spirit.
Now let’s back that up with other verses of Scripture. In Romans 8:29, He isof many brethren. Then, in Colossians 1:18, He’s again referred to as “ ” Let’s look at it in the AMPC:
- He also is the Head of [His] body, the church; seeing He is the Beginning, the Firstborn from among the dead, so that He alone in everything and in every respect might occupy the chief place [stand first and be preeminent].
Jesus, our LORD and Savior was, and is,and according to Romans 8:17.
Now, let’s think about this. What if you had never heard any of this? Remember Romans 10:13-14:
- For whosoever shall call upon the name of The LORD shall be saved.
- How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Let me give you a perfect example of this. On Sept. 22, 1862, President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation declaring freedom for all slaves.which ended in 1865. But listen to this: Most, if not all, slaves in Texas were No one can act on something they don’t know about! That all changed, however, on June 19, 1865, when federal troops arrived in Galveston, Texas, and read General Order No. 3, announcing the Emancipation Proclamation. That’s the reason we celebrate what is now known as
When were the slavesSept. 22, 1862. When did it become law? When the war ended on April 9, 1865. When did the people in Galveston hear about it? Two months and 10 days later. Had someone died a few days earlier, that person would have never heard the
Well, it’s easy to see where I’m going with this. Let’s go back to Romans 10:6:
- The righteousness
Now, let’s read verse 8:
- But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach.
Did you notice the phrase “word of faith, which we preach”?I said “we” because in the calling of this ministry.
Verse 10 is the key to our freedom. The word translated salvation (Greek: soteria) isFor instance, I know you remember what Jesus said to the woman who was healed of the issue of blood in Mark 5:34: “Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole (related Greek word: sozo). James 5:14-15 says:
- Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of The LORD:
- And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and The LORD shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
TheDoes this same apply to our finances? Sure it does. Look at what 1 Thessalonians 5:23 says:
- And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our LORD Jesus Christ.
not holy. In this verse, spirit indicates being born again and soul means the intellectual part of us; and body refers to everything pertaining to the natural part of our lives.
Jesus Himself said that in Matthew 6:33:
- But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
And, of course, there is the statement made by the Apostle Paul to his partners in Philippians 4:19:
- But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
How many of your needs?What did he say in his letter to the Thessalonians? Then Jesus’ most trusted apostle wrote to a very close friend named Gaius and said, “Beloved, I that thou mayest
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, shout thisHow did it all happen? The battle—the WAR—was His, and is ours! Victory over DEATH, HELL and THE GRAVE! That’s our message—yours and mine. And we’ll continue preaching it
Gloria and I love you, GOD loves you, and Jesus is LORD!
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.