Let’s begin today by looking at 1 John 5:4:
- For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Are you born of God? You are if Jesus is your LORD. If He’s your LORD, you are a world overcomer. Whether you’re overcoming or not is another matter, and that’s what we’re going to talk about in this letter.
The words victory and overcome let us know there is a struggle involved with faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Why? Well, for one reason, without faith the world will always overcome and claim victory over us. That means the devil will be lording it over us instead of us walking in the victory that Jesus bought and paid for in His death, burial and resurrection. Remember Romans 6:14?
- For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Sin and satan are synonymous…satan shall not have dominion over you!
Let’s look at 1 Timothy 6:12:
- Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
We’re not fighting sin. We just read where grace has defeated sin. No, it’s a faith fight. That struggle is very simply laid out in 2 Corinthians 5:7:
- (For we walk by faith, not by sight.)
Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11 and Hebrews 10:38 all say, “The just shall live by faith.” That settles that. Living by faith is not optional. So wefight the good fight of faith and walk in victory over the world! Shout amen, somebody!
One of the major hindrances, or enemies, to faith is lack of knowledge of what it means to be a new creature in Christ.
Let’s look at 2 Corinthians 5:17:
- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
To get more insight into what’s being said here, let’s go back up to chapter 4, verse 16:
- For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
What we read in chapter 5:17 is referring to the inward man—Your physical body, or outward man, will die. But the inward man never dies. When you received Jesus as your
Romans 6:6-8 says:
- Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
- For he that is dead is freed from sin.
- Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him.
At that moment,were in Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:10 says:
- For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Can you see it? You are not just forgiven. You, really, were born again. I was born of my mother Dec. 6, 1936. I was born from above Nov. 2, 1962. Everything in my spirit passed away, became new, and all things were of God. I was born of my Father, the Most High God!
No true believer should ever say, “After all, I’m only human.”You are not only human. You are a new creature. God is your Father, and you have His spiritual DNA. That’s His faith inside , the new creature. Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance are in right now because you’re born of God. Say it: “I’m a new creature. I’m just like my twin Brother, Jesus. He is inside me, and I am inside Him. Thank God, the old me is gone forever! The new me is alive to Him forever!” I know what’s happening to you as you’re saying this. Your faith is rising. I know because my faith is roaring inside me reading the scriptures and writing these things to you!
Now let’s find out what this new creature is. We were in 2 Corinthians 5:17.
Let’s read verse 21:
- For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
For He who knew NO SIN was MADE TO BE SIN so that we might bethe righteousness of God IN HIM. The new creature has been invited to come boldly to the throne of grace. You and I, and all other new creatures, We can, by faith, stand in His holy presence without any sense of guilt or shame. In Hebrews 10:1-2, guilt and shame are called sin consciousness. Victory-producing faith comes from renewing the mind with a righteousness consciousness. So say out loud: “I have been , or created, the righteousness of God in Him. He committed no sin. I committed no righteousness. He was made sin with my sin. I was made righteous with His righteousness. Praise God forevermore! Thank You, Jesus, for what You’ve done to give me the victory. You’ve given me victory over death and victory over the world. By faith, I am the victor.
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, declare over it: “Thank God, I have strong faith! I have the victory. Jesus has provided it for me. It’s in me now. I have the victory over my life—spirit, soul, body, financially and socially. I am an overcoming, world overcomer. I am strong in The LORD and in the power ofmight. Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world. This is an overcoming seed sown into overcoming ground. I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. I’m supposed to prosper. I’m supposed to be in good health. Therefore, I take it by faith, NOW. I have it. I thank You for it, Jesus, and I forgive if I have aught against any, according to Your WORD in Mark 11:23-25.”
Now, shout like David shouted, and dance like David danced. We’re all shouting the victory with you! Gloria and I love you so very much. We pray for you every day!
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.