The Spirit of God spoke to Gloria in 1998 saying, Preach the goodness of God without reservation, and pay no attention to the reproach of men. My father in the faith, Oral Roberts, said it constantly:As most of you know, Gloria and I had no religious background, so we rejoiced at the sound of those words. We learned later, however, that some people got upset when they heard Brother Roberts say that.
A well-known minister, who knew I had a close relationship with Brother Roberts, came to me and said, “I wish Oral Roberts wouldn’t keep saying that” I don’t mind telling you it shocked me.
I said to him, “Should he say God is a bad God?”
“Well, no, but he gives people the wrong idea about Him.”
Let’s begin in the book of beginnings by reading Genesis 1:3-4:
- And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
- And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
God saw the light andNow, look at verse 10.
- And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
God saw thatVerse 12 says,
- And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
God saw thatit says,
- And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
God saw that it was GOOD. Let’s keep reading. Look at verse 21.
- And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
God saw thatNow, read verse 25.
- And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Once again God saw thatVerse 31 says,
- And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Only one thing was not good. Let’s read Genesis 2:18:
- And The LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Now, look at verses 21 and 22:
- And The LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
- And the rib, which The LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Now you know Adam must have said,Our Wonderful and Good God
“But, Brother Copeland, how about the devil?” Well, how about him? He wasn’t always bad. The prophet Ezekiel said by the Spirit of God in Ezekiel 28:15, New King James Version:
- You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you.
Read verses 11-13 in the NKJV.
- Moreover the word of The LORD came to me, saying,
- “Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says The LORD God: “You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
- You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: the sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you ’”
This perfect creationHis name was not satan. His name was Lucifer, or Day Star. Isaiah saw it all in the spirit in Isaiah 14:12-15 (NKJV):
- How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations!
- For you have said in your heart: “I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north;
- I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, ”
- Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the Pit.
Let’s close that side of the case with what Jesus said in John 10:10-11, Amplified Bible, Classic Edition.
- The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
- I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd risks and lays down His [own] life for the sheep.
He said, “I am the” Do you remember what He said in Luke 18:19 NJKV? “Why do you call Me good? ” Jesus was and is talking about GOD is Absolute Light. Think about it like this: The answer is That’s the only way I can think to express what the Bible is saying about our Father. He is absolutely God. He is absolute truth. In Him there is absolutely no bad. And He is absolutely love and He loves you and me absolutely!
Turn with me to my favorite of all the Psalms, Psalm 145:8-9. Let’s read it in the AMPC.
- The LORD is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and abounding in mercy and loving-kindness.
- The LORD is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works [the entirety of things created].
Now, look at verse 16 (AMPC).
- You open Your hand and satisfy every living thing with favor.
He’s the Great Giver! He so loved the world that He gave His very best—JESUS!
Verse 19 says,
- He will fulfill the desires of those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him; He also will hear their cry and will save them.
What then does all this mean to you and me as new covenant believers? The message that Peter preached at Cornelius’ house in Acts 10:38 was:
- How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
Jesus, God manifested in the flesh, went about
“But, Brother Copeland, that was Jesus.” No. Look at the rest of that verse:The Apostle John said it like this in 3 John 2 (AMPC):
- Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers.
As you sow your BLESSING SEED this month hold it in your hand (and take Communion if you wish) saying by faith,Praise Him and continue thanking Him for His Great GOODNESS. And again, He SO LOVED the world that HE gave Jesus. He then laid on Him the sin, sickness, disease, fear, poverty and the entire curse of the Law, so that
Thank you for being our Partner. Remember, Gloria and I love you, and GOD (who is SO GOOD) loves you, and Jesus is Lord!
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.