Did you ever realize the depth of truth in Matthew 11:29, when Jesus said, “Learn of me”? We first have to come to Him to learn of Him.
What is meekness? It is gentleness. It’s also one of the fruit of the spirit listed in Galatians 5:23. The Bible states that Moses was the meekest man in the world at that time, which was one of the main reasons God called him! Walking in the fruit of the spirit produces holiness. Jesus, the holiest man who ever lived on this planet was, and is, the meekest man who ever walked the face of the earth. That does not mean that He was never angry. Remember when He, in anger, turned over the money tables in the Temple (Mark 11:15
Let’s look at Ephesians 4:26:
- Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.
Be angry! But it doesn’t stop there. The rest of that verse says: “…and sin not. Don’t let the sun go down on your wrath.” Don’t allow your anger to go past sundown. Read on to verses 31-32:
- Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
- And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
There is the fruit of the spirit again. It says to be kind to one another, forgiving one another. That’s meekness. Praise God! Notice how chapter 5 starts:
- Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children.
“[You] be therefore imitators of God as dear children;” = “and WALK IN LOVE, as Christ also has loved us (verse 2).” Now read verse 30:
- For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
We—you and I—are members of His Body, of His flesh and of His bones. Remember now, we are “learning of Him.” Jesus conquered sin, sickness and death, ONCE AND FOR ALL and gave everyone who believes on Him the right to walk in victory. How did He do that? He bore our sicknesses and carried our diseases and pains, and by His stripes we were healed (1 Peter 2:24). If we were healed, we are healed. We, as believers, are not the sick trying to get healed. No, no! WE ARE THE HEALED, and the devil is trying to take our health away from us. So, stand on these blood-backed, covenant words. How? By faith. Let’s let The WORD of God speak for itself.
Look at Romans 4:16:
- Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all.
Then go to Galatians 3:29:
- And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Now let’s learn this of Him. We’re here in Galatians 3, so turn back to verse 11:
- But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Read it OUT LOUD. That phrase is also written in Habakkuk 2:4, Romans 1:17 and Hebrews 10:38. Remember now, The WORD says, “In the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established” (Matthew 18:16). Now look at Galatians 3:13-14:
- Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
- That THE BLESSING of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Glory to God! We have been redeemed from the curse of the Law! Hanging on the cross of crucifixion with His back bleeding for our healing, Jesus died.
The first covenant was finished. Then, in the powerful message Peter preached on the Day of Pentecost, he quoted David in Psalm 16:10:
- For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
And in verse 11, he said:
- Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Now let’s go back to the words of the Master Himself as recorded by the Apostle Matthew in Chapter 11:27-30 (New King James Version):
- All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
- Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
- For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
Now, my Dear Partners, we know what the word meek means. Jesus said, “I AM GENTLE.” Verse 29, in The Passion Translation, says:
- Simply join your life with mine. Learn my ways and you’ll discover that I’m gentle, humble, easy to please. You will find refreshment and rest in me.
That thrills my heart and brings me to tears: “I’m gentle, humble and EASY TO PLEASE.” Now look at verse 30 (TPT):
- For all that I require of you will be pleasant and easy to bear.
What does He require? Keep the commandment of Love (John 13:34-35), and walk by faith. John 3:16 says:
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
You and I are well-equipped to do that. The Spirit of God said through the Apostle Paul in Romans 5:5 (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition):
- Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God’s Love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us.
He, the Spirit of GOD, also said in Galatians 5:6 (AMPC):
- For [if we are] in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith activated and energized and expressed and working through love.
As you sow your BLESSING seed this month, remind yourself that YOU ARE THE REDEEMED! THE BLESSING of Abraham is on you and in you! THE BLESSING made him very rich, not only in cattle but also in silver and gold (Genesis 13:2)!
Our Father is EL SHADDAI (Genesis 17:1), the God who is more than enough! Inflation? What’s that to a God who is MORE than enough? If you have seen Jesus, you have seen El Shaddai. We have not only seen Him, we know Him! We have known and BELIEVED the Love He has for us.
The KCM staff prays for you every day. Gloria and I pray for you every time we pray over our food, at every meal. Now maybe you can understand what’s in my heart when you hear me say, “GOD LOVES YOU, WE LOVE YOU, AND JESUS IS LORD! I long to see you all face to face.