The month of April is very special to Gloria and me. On the 13th of this month we will have been married 59 years. You’ve heard me say it, and you’ve heard me sing it:because it was her that opened my heart to absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me.
Fifty-nine years without an argument.
There have been times we didn’t agree about something,She’s so level-headed, and in many ways smarter than I am, so it has always been to my advantage to listen to her. In that way, we can both inquire of The LORD and
I want to talk to you about something that will revolutionize your whole life.
As you have probably noticed, the title of this letter is First Things First! Not what you and I think should be first,Jesus said in Matthew 6:33,
- But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Let’s look at that verse in the Amplified Bible, Classic Edition.
- But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.
Now that really opens up the importance of “and His righteousness.” Look at that.—then Now you can see what I meant when I said Jesus is smarter than Gloria and me put together.
So many people came out of 2020 needing things—things necessary for everyday life—and not having any earthly idea what to do orSo, where do they come from? For the believer they come from
Psalm 145 is my favorite of all the Psalms. Let’s begin with verses 8 and 9 (AMPC):
- The LORD is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and abounding in mercy and loving-kindness.
- The LORD is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works [the entirety of things created].
Did you see that? Look at verse 9 again:
- LORD is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works [the entirety of things created].
His tender mercies are over all His works.
Now look at verses 12 and 13 and get ready to shout.
- To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.
- Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.
Why would anyone look anywhere else first? Because they have no revelation of the fact that God through Jesus, and Jesus through We know that’s the truth because the Holy Spirit said through the Apostle Paul, in his letter to his partners: “My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).
In studying first things first, I read about a man who, during the Great Depression, owned a very large company. He had come to the place where he was overwhelmed by so many problems thatHe contacted a very successful business consultant, and his answer was this: “Make a list of the 10 most important problems you have. Then, decide which of those 10 is the most important. Work on that problem until you have done all you can do, or it’s solved. Instruct your staff and employees to do the same.”
Regarding the advice, the consultant told the man: “Pay me what you think it’s worth.”
After several months, I believe it was three to six months, the man sent the business consultant a check for $25,000. Remember now, this was 1930. In today’s money, that’s over $300,000.
As we saw earlier, Jesus said in Matthew 6:33, “SEEK ye first the kingdom of God.” Now, let’s read what He said in Matthew 6:9-10:
- After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
- Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Where, then, is His kingdom?
Jesus said in Luke 17:21, that THE Kingdom is within you! When DID THE KINGDOM of God COME?
I will never, ever forget the day when Colossians 1:13 became a reality to me. It says,
- Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.
Now read it in the AMPC.
- [The Father] has delivered and drawn us to Himself out of the control and the dominion of darkness and has transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love.
who is alive on the inside of every believer. Especially those who live by faith!
As you sow Your BLESSING seed this month, let the Joy of The LORD come, knowing and declaring this: “The No. 1 thing on my first list is as good as mine—NOW! I’m going boldly to theand by faith I will obtain mercy and find grace to help right now, because the King is My Father and His Son, Jesus, is my BLOOD Brother.
Well, God is good and His mercy endures forever. God loves you, Gloria and I love you, and Jesus is LORD.
Your Partner and Brother in Christ,
P.S. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.