Was the phrasebig in your conversation when you were younger? Maybe it still is. It seems like it really gets strong in an argument.
“Brother Copeland, you said that I will have whatever I say, and I don’t much believe that.”
“Dear Brother, I didn’t say that.”
“Why, I know you did. I can prove it by any number of people who were here this morning.”
“No, I didn’t say that.”
“The Bible said it.”
Let’s read 1 Samuel 17:45.
- Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of The LORD of Hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
Notice the phraseBeing Christians, we know and understand the Especially How is it then that David was so sure? What was the bedrock of his faith?
Let’s look at that verse in The Message.
- You come at me with sword and spear and battle-ax. I come at you in the name of God-of-the-Angel-Armies, the God of Israel’s troops, whom you curse and mock.
Now David, being an orthodox Jew, knew about
“Brother Copeland, all of that is wonderful, but how does it apply to my life?”
Look at the last book of the First Covenant—the book of Malachi. It’s only four chapters long, so you can read it in just a few minutes. In Malachi,
Read verses 10 and 11 of Chapter 3:
- Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a BLESSING, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
- And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field,
Angels are involved in theand the shutting down of armies of darkness. Look at those two verses in the New Living Translation:
- “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a BLESSING so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!
- “Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe,”
Now comes the New Covenant answer to all this First Covenant good news. First, from Hebrews 1:13-14:
- But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
No. Have the angels changed? No. Who is Jesus? How do we know that? Who said so? Hebrews 7:8 says so!
- And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
Now, look at verses 5 and 6 in Chapter 5:
- So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
- As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Read it and shout:Thank You, Jesus, for being my Melchisedec, COVID-19, and all the trouble it caused, from restoring all to me and all that is mine. This is a new and wonderful year! are blessing my church with my tithe, and blessing KCM and others with my offerings.
Now, that’s who you are in Christ Jesus. That’s what you have in Christ Jesus! So renew your mind to that and rejoice because the best is yet to come
Gloria and I love you very much. Jesus is LORD!
P.S. If you be willing and obedient, you will eat the good of the land!“…
P.PS. SOW IT FORWARD! Be a blessing. Pass this letter on to a family member or friend.