Victory Coffee + Kitchen is Hiring a Sous Chef
This position is for Victory Coffee + Kitchen, a social enterprise cafe/restaurant initiated by KCM and Go Victory Channel Society.
As a Sous Chef, you are responsible to assist and implement the Executive Chef’s vision and standards. You are someone who has a clear understanding of those standards and are able to assist the Chef in maintaining consistency as well as train the cooks, prep cooks, and porters. You are able to work every station in the kitchen while motivating and encouraging coworkers to work in a way that reflects our values and standards. You can lead the kitchen when Chef Robbie is not present with no adjustment to the quality of food, service and work atmosphere. Sous Chef must be able to inspect and receive products. You will also aid in the management of foodsafe regulations and maintain those standards.
This is an onsite job in a brand new cafe/restaurant that will open in Langley, BC in the summer/fall of 2023.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cooking to include every venue of the culinary profession
- Cook efficiently while maintaining agreed upon standard in a busy service
- Ensure food safety and all health department requirements are met and exceeded
- Catering logistic management
- Ordering and receiving
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Food Service Industry
- Foodsafe Level 2
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have the knowledge of procedures relating to high volumes, catering, sanitation, safety, product rotation and cost factors. Must have good customer and working relations. Needs to be a self-motivator with an attitude of excellence.
- Must be creative, strategic and a resourceful thinker
- Have the ability to problem solve and think analytically
- Must be team oriented and a motivator
- Results based
- Ability to gain respect of and influence others
Equipment To Be Used:
- Dishwasher, Slicer, Carts, Ovens, Grill, Griddle, Stoves, Knives and any other kitchen tool available to fulfill the duties
Typical Physical Demands
- Be able to lift 60 lbs
- Stand a minimum of 8 hours
- Must be able to pull, push, stand, sit stoop, bend, reach, and move or carry equipment
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to use hand tools
Typical Mental Demands
- Must be able to function in a highly stressed and ever-changing environment
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, and prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans
- Must be very organized and require a modicum of instruction.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favourably in all work situations
- Must be detailed, organized and communicative
- Must be task and goal oriented
- Requires the ability to multi-task
- Must adapt well to changing work situations
- Must be able to grasp and apply new ideas
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions
- Works indoors 95%, with some outdoor work 5% of the time. Must be comfortable being filmed as we will be creating content for the marketing and promotion of the café as well as telling an authentic story of who we are and why we do what we do.
- Preference to someone personally connected to Kenneth Copeland Ministries, agreeing with the ministry mission and message
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension, difficulties and divisions
- Must maintain a good attendance record
- Ability to work with people of all cultures
Pay and Benefits
At Victory Coffee + Kitchen, we focus on providing a work environment that develops our team members as believers, employees and individuals.
We offer competitive wages including great benefits within a fun, uplifting faith environment.
After a probationary period, you will have access to full benefits including extended health and dental coverage.
How to Apply
Please submit an application by June 30, 2023, at 4:00PM Pacific Time. In your cover letter tell us why you want this job and why you’d like to work at Victory Coffee + Kitchen. We value great writers, so be yourself, be creative, and take your time.
Also please include in a separate document, YOUR TESTIMONY OF SALVATION (should be no more than 1 to 2 pages in length).
Apply by emailing us your resume, cover letter and your testimony of salvation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does, however, reflect the principal job element of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment. Only the qualified job applicant will be contacted for an interview.