Victory Coffee + Kitchen is Hiring a Lead Barista
This position is for Victory Coffee + Kitchen, a social enterprise cafe/restaurant initiated by KCM and Go Victory Channel Society.
As a Lead Barista, your main responsibility will be to manage the operation of the coffee and beverage service with the support of Chef Robbie. You will lead with a passion for hospitality and be able to direct coworkers when adjustments to service need to be made. You are able to work with your head up managing the workspace and dining room. You will be working with coworkers who may have been incarcerated or have had other barriers to employment. You will lead with compassion but also be direct and clear with communication regarding work expectations. As a Lead Barista, you will aid in the preparation of homemade coffee syrups and flavourings following recipes.
This is an onsite job in a brand new cafe/restaurant that will open in Langley, BC in the summer/fall of 2023.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Efficiently produce a wide variety of coffee beverages without sacrificing consistent quality
- Practice intentional hospitality that reflects our Vision, Mission, and Purpose
- Train staff and maintain quality in hospitality and beverage craftmanship
- Help manage the flow of food and drink service for dine in and to go customers
- Ensure food safety and all health department requirements are met and exceeded
- Maintain a clean work space and delegate a cleaning schedules
- Management of ordering needs for coffee service and to go items
Education and Experience:
- Minimum combined 3 years’ experience in Food Service Industry/Coffee
- Café Management 1 year
- Foodsafe Level 1
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a passion for hospitality and lead by example
- Be comfortable working with previously incarcerated individuals from varied backgrounds and cultures
- Must be able to produce coffee beverages with high efficiency without sacrificing quality
- Be able to train and maintain standards of service and craftmanship
- Must be creative, strategic and a resourceful thinker
- Have the ability to problem solve and think analytically
- Must be team oriented and a motivator
- Results based
- Ability to gain respect and influence others
Equipment To Be Used:
- Espresso Machine, Coffee Brewers, Grinders, Cash Registers, POS, Mixers, Blenders, Ovens, Kitchen Knives.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
- Must be able to function in a highly stressed and ever-changing environment
- Keep calm and respectful when dealing with unsatisfied customers or coworkers
- Be able to observe and read the needs of the dining room while working on Espresso machine
- Must be very organized and require a modicum of instruction.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favourably in all work situations
- Must be detailed, organized and communicative
- Must be task and goal oriented
- Requires the ability to multi task
- Must be able to grasp and apply new ideas
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions
- Works indoors 95%, with some outdoor work 5% of the time. Must be comfortable being filmed as we will be creating content for the marketing/promotion of the café as well as telling an authentic story of who we are and why we do what we do.
- Preference to someone personally connected to Kenneth Copeland Ministries, agreeing with the ministry mission and message
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension, difficulties and divisions
- Must maintain a good attendance record
- Ability to work with people of all cultures and backgrounds
- Food Service experience is desired but not expected
Pay and Benefits
At Victory Coffee + Kitchen, we focus on providing a work environment that develops our team members as believers, employees and individuals.
We offer competitive wages including great benefits within a fun, uplifting faith environment.
After a probationary period, you will have access to full benefits including extended health and dental coverage.
How to Apply
Please submit an application by Sept 29, 2023, at 4:00PM Pacific Time. In your cover letter tell us why you want this job and why you’d like to work at Victory Coffee + Kitchen. We value great writers, so be yourself, be creative, and take your time.
Also please include in a separate document, YOUR TESTIMONY OF SALVATION (should be no more than 1 to 2 pages in length).
Apply by emailing us your resume, cover letter and your testimony of salvation to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does, however, reflect the principal job element of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment. Only the qualified job applicant will be contacted for an interview.