KCM Canada is Hiring an Accounting Associate
Kenneth Copeland Ministries Canada is hiring an Accounting Associate.
Under the direction of the Executive Administrative Manager and the Lead Accountant, the Accounting Associate is responsible for all administrative support including Accounts Payable, Preauthorized Debits, Batch Deposits and Journal Entries. The position also assists in any projects, activities and events of KCM Canada as assigned.
At KCM, we seek to hire people who reflect the mission and heart of our ministry.
This position is not a remote job and you will be required to work on site as well as be part of organization events and conferences in person. If you live outside BC, you will need to move closer to the office in Langley, BC.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize all incoming Accounts Payables, IE: sort, code, electronically file and send to Lead Accountant for approval
- Handle Accounts Payable cheques and online payments
- Complete bank deposit every morning
- QBO deposits and Journal Entries
- Facilitate petty cash and bi-monthly reconciliation
- Handle benevolent monthly cheques and submit Monthly Benevolent report to Executive Director
- Assist month end reporting during monthly reconciliation process
- Enter all charge card and Interac deposits into QBO weekly
- Assist with the year-end audit
- Submit preauthorized giving file once a month
- Work with vendors to ensure we are getting the best price and service
- Manage incoming and outgoing emails on a daily basis
- Carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws of Canada
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, staff and Partners as appropriate
Education and Experience:
- Accounting certificate/diploma or related work experience
- Experience in an administrative support position
- Bookkeeping experience is considered an asset
- Good working knowledge of QuickBooks Online (QBO) and Excel
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Results driven, IE is willing to do what it takes to achieve desired results
- Excellent communication skills
- Pays attention to details
- Good planning/prioritization skills
- Good problem solving/decision making skills, IE able to picture/anticipate the implications of decisions
- Remains calm under pressure
- Able to multi-task on a daily basis
- Excellent team player
- High standard of excellence & principles
- Driven by the desire to add value to the Partners and to the ministry
- Creative: always looking for better ways of doing things
- Self-initiates recommendations for improvement – does not wait to be told what to do
- Maintains the highest levels of confidentiality at all times both internally and externally
- Maintains a professional demeanour and outlook at all times
- Preference to someone personally connected to Kenneth Copeland Ministries
- Personal values aligned with KCM values, vision and mission statement
Pay and Benefits
At KCM, we focus on providing a work environment that develops our team members as believers, employees and individuals.
We offer competitive wages including great benefits within a fun, uplifting faith environment.
After a probationary period, you will have access to full benefits including extended health and dental coverage.
About KCM Canada
We have been ministering the gospel in Canada for over 46 years, teaching Christians how to apply the principles of faith found in God’s Word. KCM also has offices in: United States, South Africa, Australia, Europe, Ukraine and Latin America.
Our God-given directive is to preach and teach the uncompromised Word of God on every available voice, which is being accomplished through a variety of avenues, including Victory Channel, our Believer’s Voice of Victory TV and radio broadcasts, podcasts and magazine; Believers’ Conventions, Victory Campaigns and other meetings; published books, websites, and social media channels.
How to Apply
Please submit an application by Nov 30, 2023, at 4:00 PM Pacific Time. In your cover letter, tell us why you want this job and why you’d like to work at KCM Canada. We value great writers, so be yourself, be creative, and take your time.
Also, please include in a separate document, YOUR TESTIMONY OF SALVATION (should be no more than 1 to 2 pages in length).
Apply by emailing us your resume, cover letter and your testimony of salvation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does, however, reflect the principal job element of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment. Only the qualified job applicant will be contacted for an interview.